On Friday, November 30, 2012, the Robert H. Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center of Northwestern University and Northwestern Memorial Hospital will host the 15th Annual Oncology Nursing Conference. The conference will bring together nurses from around the region to discuss topics of interest in oncology nursing.
Where: 8:00 a.m. – 5:15 p.m., Prentice Women's Hospital, 250 E. Superior Street, Chicago
Purpose: To provide attendees with an opportunity to focus on the clinical and supportive roles of providing nursing care to individuals with a cancer diagnosis.
- Keynote Presentation: Change as a Habit of Mind - Barbara Mackoff, Ed.D
- Changes in Quality of Life for Cancer Patients - Timothy Pearman, Ph.D.
- Changes in Devices and Treatment Paradigms: A Focus on Interventional Radiology - Robert Ryu, MD
- Fertility Preservation in Pediatric Patients - Barbara Lockart, RN, MSN, CPNP, CPON
- Lung Cancer Update - Melissa Johnson, MD
- Medical Issues during Cancer Treatment: Pulmonary Issues - Susan Collazo RN, CNP
- Rehabilitation in Oncology Patients - Gail Gamble, MD
- Sarcomas in Pediatric Patients - Barbara Lockart, RN, MSN, CPNP, CPON
- Texts, Tweets and Social Networks: Professionalism in the Age of the Internet and Smartphone - Joan Anzia, MD
- Transitions in Care for Cancer Patients - Eytan Szmuilowicz, MD