The Oncofertility Consortium® created a new position at Northwestern: Patient Navigator for Fertility Preservation. The Patient Navigator is a resource for newly diagnosed cancer patients to discuss, plan and assist patients with fertility preservation services.
A patient navigator can provide you with an individual consultation to assist you with creating a fertility preservation plan that meets your goals and needs. In addition to facilitating consultation, patient navigators can:
- discuss available fertility preservation options with you
- advise you on fertility preservation decisions
- provide you with online resources
- provide you with print resources
- refer you to a reproductive endocrinologist
- provide you with financial information
- connect you with local support organizations
If you have a specific fertility-related question or would like a referal for a fertility preservation consultation, call the Oncofertility Consortium® FERTline at 312-503-FERT or 866-708-FERT to speak with a patient navigator.