Want to share this resource with your colleagues? Print our PDF describing the resources the Oncofertility Consortium® provides Reproductive Endocrinologists.
As highly trained and qualified physicians, reproductive endocrinologists (REI) treat reproductive disorders that affect patients of all ages. REIs play a crucial role in fertility preservation among newly diagnosed cancer patients as well as individuals with non-malignant conditions (or treatments) that threaten fertility. REIs conduct individualized consultations to determine the best and most mature technology available for a patient and their unique circumstances. A REI can offer the following services to individuals in need of fertility preservation:
- Embryo cryopreservation
- Oocyte cryopreservation
- Ovarian Tissue cryopreservation
- Sperm cryopreservation
- GnRH analog treatment
The Oncofertility Consortium provides a variety of resources to REIs providing fertility preservation, including: National Physicians Cooperative membership, technology updates and practice management information, tailored fertility preservation brochures, educational opportunities like CME credit and virtual grand rounds, communication strategies, access to our decision tool web portal, provider pocket guides, and insurance and billing help.
Join The National Physicians Cooperative
Join the National Physicians Cooperative, a nationwide network of fertility preservation providers who share the common goal to protect and preserve reproductive health through the continuum of care of care and across the lifespan of patients.
National Physicians Cooperative Membership Benefits
- Access to a national referral network for patients seeking fertility preservation
- Information on how to establish a multidisciplinary Fertility Preservation program
- Training in the best practices, including technology updates and practice management
- Templates and assistance for obtaining IRB approval for participation in multicenter NPC studies
- Access to materials and tools as needed to support clinical studies
- Compensation for the time and materials required to freeze tissues for the research pool
- Invitations to Virtual Grand Rounds, annual meetings, special events
- Information about the financial aspects of fertility preservation
- Use of a Fertility Preservation Brochure tailored to your program
Implement a Fertility Preservation Program
The Oncofertility Consortium and National Physicians Cooperative provide resources to assist providers intereted in implementing a fertility preservation program.
Subscribe to the Oncofertility Consortium Blog
Stay up to date on fertility preservation news, research break-throughs, and publications.
The Decision Tool Web Portal is a library of existing oncofertility resources designed to help reproductive endocrinologists navigate fertility preservation conversations. Available Resources include:
- Communication strategies for discussing fertility preservation options with patients of all ages and their family members
- Decision tools and aids designed to guide patient fertility preservation discussions
- ASCO and ASRM clinical guidelines and recommendations
- Information on existing and experimental fertility preservation techniques and technology
- Print and online patient educational resources
The Oncofertility Consortium® offers many educational resources for reproductive endocrinologists in addition to our web portal, such as virtual grand rounds on young adult survivorship issues, clinical information for reproductive specialists, and fertility preservation pocket guides.
The Oncofertility Consortium® works with many advocacy organizations and support groups to provide young cancer patients with support and assistance regarding fertility, reproductive health, and quality of life throughout survivorship.
Patients are often concerned about the cost of fertility preservation procedures. To learn more about oncofertility and insurance coverage, read Incorporating Insurance Education into the Fertility Preservation Process from Oncofertility Communication (2014) or check out the Oncofertility Consortium® blog post on Insurance Coverage for Fertility Preservation.
Do you have patients interested in fertility preservation and in need of financial aid? Fertile Action can help! Fertile Action offers financial aid for women with recent cancer diagnoses interested in fertility preservation. The advocacy organization provides additional financial information and resources, as well as online support groups for patients.