Jump to Navigation

Introducing- Jennifer Jozefik

Jennifer Jozefik

——

Hello everyone! I currently work as a Lab Technician in the Woodruff Laboratory, and I would like to tell you a little bit about myself. In December 2007, I graduated from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign with a double major in Integrative Biology and Psychology. During my undergraduate career, I did much research focusing on Endometriosis, which sparked my interest in the field of reproductive biology.

Upon graduation, I was drawn to working in the Woodruff lab because of the application of bench work science directly to the clinical world. As a volunteer working with cancer patients, it allowed the impact of the Oncofertility research to reach me at a more personal level. Currently, I work with the model systems for follicle research and culture, in addition to a variety of different applications for these systems. For example, one project that I recently worked on with Dr. Susan Barrett and Richard Ahn, involved testing the effects of certain chemotherapeutics on fertility in females. Through blogging, I hope to share a lot more about the collaborative lab research with all of you! Thanks for reading!

Back To Top