Introduction to Oncofertility: An Online Professional Specialization Course Certificate
Prof. Teresa Woodruff’s Video:
Introduction to Oncofertility: This Online Professional Specialization Course Certificate is the first of its kind in oncofertility worldwide. This specialization course aims to provide participants with an exciting learning curve to ensure they understand the fundamentals of oncofertility and help them advance their career. This specialization course is offered by the Oncofertility Consortium that represents a global, interdisciplinary, and interprofessional network of experts, medical specialists, scientists, researchers and scholars who are exploring the relationships between health, disease, survivorship and fertility preservation in young cancer patients. The Oncofertility Consortium was created in 2007, and over the past 14 years, it has developed and led the field of oncofertility to improve the quality of life and expand options for the reproductive future of cancer survivors on local, national and global levels.
Global Target Audience: This specialization course is primarily targeted towards healthcare professionals, trainees, researchers & scholars around the globe working in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, Andrology and Male Infertility, as well as Pediatric and Adult Hematology/Oncology. Interested healthcare professionals, trainees, researchers & scholars from Obstetrics/Gynecology, Urology, Oncology, Pediatrics or any related sub/specialty are welcome.
General Learning Objectives: At the conclusion of this Online Professional Specialization Course Certificate, participants will be able to:
- Describe the emergence of oncofertility field as well as its past, present & future directions.
- Formulate individualized fertility preservation and restoration strategies for cancer patients including children, female and male adolescents and young adults.
- Describe different fertility cryopreservation options including recent advances in embryo, oocyte, ovarian tissue, sperm, and testicular tissue cryopreservation.
- Discuss the international oncofertility guidelines and navigate oncofertility organizations & networks.
- Set plans to start and advance an oncofertility program at local institution or clinic, guide patients through the journey of oncofertility treatment, and deal with ethical, economic, legal & cultural aspects of oncofertility care.
- Design a multidisciplinary approach to deliver effective oncofertility strategies especially for challenging cases.
For more information, please visit the course page on Coursera and enroll for free: