Welcome to the Virtual Broadcast of the 2012 Oncofertility Conference
For those who cannot attend the 2012 Oncofertility Conference in person, the live broadcast will be available September 27-28, 2012.
Read the following information and register to receive free CME credits for the conference.
Register here (Registration Closed)
Continuing Medical Education Credits:
CME credits will be provided at the 2012 Oncofertility Conference and is sponsored by the Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine.
Accreditation Statement: The Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation Statement: The Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 13.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Target Audience: The annual Oncofertility Conference brings together researchers, health care providers, and others together to discuss current updates in fertility preservation and how to incorporate these advances into clinical practice.
- To discuss the multiple patient factors that health care providers should understand when treating young fertility preservation patients, including age, legal, ethical, and financial considerations.
- To identify key research goals for established and experimental fertility preservation techniques including embryo, oocyte, and ovarian tissue cryopreservation.
- To gain and understanding of how select fertility preservation programs ensure a continuum of care between the patient’s disease and fertility preservation treatment.
- To identify advances in emerging fertility preservation techniques over the past five years and discuss the significance and barriers to implementation in a clinical setting with colleagues at the conference.
Nursing Contact Hours:
The American Nurses Credentialing Center, American Academy of Nurse Practitioners and American Academy of Physicians Assistants accepts AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™ from organizations accredited by the ACCME.
The 2012 Oncofertility Conference is funded by the NIH (Grant 5R13HD063248-03), and an unrestricted educational grant from Ferring Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Faculty/Speaker Disclosure Statement and Disclosure for Discussions of Off Label/Investigational Use of Pharmaceutical Products
In accordance with ACCME Standards for Commercial Support of Continuing Medical Education and the Feinberg School of Medicine’s disclosure policy for CME activities, all individuals who contribute to the content or the identification / resolution of potential conflicts of interest must disclose any relationship they may have with any entity producing, marketing, reselling, or distributing health care goods or services consumed by, or used on, patients within the preceding 12 months of the activity. Such disclosure is intended to provide participants with sufficient information to evaluate whether any given presentation has been influence by the faculty’s relationships(s) or financial interest with said companies.
Circumstances create a conflict of interest when an individual has an opportunity to affect CME content about products or services of a commercial interest with which he/she has a financial relationship. The purpose for identifying and addressing potential conflicts of interest is to ensure a proper balance, independence, objectivity and scientific rigor of the medical school’s educational activities. The medical school does not view the existence of a financial relationship as necessarily implying bias or decreasing the value of participation in CME activities, but must ensure that a financial interest is not a conflict of interest. Identifying Conflict of Interest: A sixtier peer review system has been developed to identify possible conflicts of interests.
- The first tier is the Speaker
- The secondtier is the Course Director and/or Planning Committee Members
- The thirdtier is the CME Director
- The fourthtier is the CME Review Committee
- The fifthtier is the Senior Associate Dean for Medical Education
- The sixthtier is the CME Coordinator
FSM’s CME Leadership and Staff:
- John X. Thomas, Jr., PhD, Associate Dean for Medical Education:Has nothing to disclose.
- Genevieve Napier, CME Director: Has nothing to disclose
- Ashley Kick, CME Project Specialist: Has nothing to disclose.
- Katy Quinn, CME Project Specialist: Has nothing to disclose.
- Tara Scavelli, CME Project Specialist: Has nothing to disclose.
Course Director’s and Planning Committee Members Disclosure Information:
- Teresa K. Woodruff, PhD: Has nothing to disclose.
- Mary Zelinski, PhD: Has nothing to disclose.
- Christos Coutifaris, MD: Serves as a consult for NORA Therapeutics.
- Clarisa Gracia, MD: Has nothing to disclose.
- Lonnie Shea, PhD: Has nothing to disclose.
- Kemi Jona, PhD: Has nothing to disclose.
- Richard Stouffer, PhD: Has nothing to disclose.
- R. Jeffery Chang, MD: Has nothing to disclose.
- Kate Timmerman, PhD: Has nothing to disclose.
- Angie Krausfeldt: Has nothing to disclose.
Speakers, Moderators and Panelists’ Disclosure Information:
- Lynne Wagner, PhD: States she has nothing to disclose.
- Kyle Orwig, PhD: States he has nothing to disclose.
- Jennifer Mersereau, MD: States she has nothing to disclose.
- Irene Su, MD: States she has nothing to disclose.
- Jared Robins, MD: Serves as a consult for Ferring Pharmaceuticals and Ovascience, Inc.
- Hamish Wallace, MD: States he has nothing to disclose.
- Francesca Duncan, PhD: States she has nothing to disclose.
- Nicole Noyes, MD: States she has nothing to disclose.
- Robert E. Brannigan, MD: States he has nothing to disclose.
- Claus Yding Anderson, DMSc: States he has nothing to disclose.
- Dorothy Roberts, JD: States she has nothing to disclose.
- Gwendolyn Quinn, PhD: States she has nothing to disclose.
- Susan Vadaparampil, PhD: States she has nothing to disclose.
This activity is being sponsored by the Feinberg School of Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology. The medical school has no significant relationship with the commercial companies whose products are services are being discussed in this educational activity.
Live streaming is available through Adobe Connect. To view the presentation on mobile Apple products such as iPhone or iPad, download the App.
The 2012 Oncofertility Conference will be available for live viewing September 27- 28, 2012 from approximately 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM Central Time. View the complete schedule for the 2012 Oncofertility Conference. Recieving all available credits for the conference will take approximately 13.5 hours.
Contact the Office of CME at 312-503-8533 or email@example.com.
Register below to recieve free CME credits for the conference and be directed to the conference live stream.
Register here (Registration Closed)